This recipe is from the Southern Living Slow-Cooker Cookbook. It is extremely easy, delicious, and can be easily experimented with to make other types of this delicious creation.
Prep: 6 minutes, Cook: 4 hours
Slow-Cooker Size: 3-quart
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
* 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Italian three-cheese blend
* 1 (8-ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
* 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
* 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 8 ounces small shell pasta (about 2 1/4 cups), uncooked
Combine cheeses in a bowl; set aside.
Whisk together eggs and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in pasta and 3 cups cheese mixture. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 3-quart slow cooker; sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese mixture.
Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours. Sprinkle servings evenly with remaining cheese mixture.
Make sure that you remember to add the pasta uncooked. It will end up cooking perfectly in the slow cooker and is what makes this recipe a no brainer.